- Perspectives / Language Arts Unbound 20170201
- How Knowledge Powers Reading 20170201
When it comes to nonfiction reading, background knowledge is both the chicken and the egg.
- The Writing Journey 20170201
One district’s quest to boost the quality and quantity of student writing across the curriculum.
- The Roots of Comprehension 20170201
Studying Greek and Latin roots can build students’ understanding of content-area vocabulary.
- The Case for Multiple Texts 20170201
If we want students to engage in thoughtful conversations and write fluently about a topic, reading one text isn’t enough.
- Double Take 20170201
Reviews, research, and relevant reads.
- Research Matters / Critical Thinking Won't Develop Through Osmosis 20170201
To hone students’ critical-thinking skills, educators have to be intentional.
- Show & Tell: A Video Column / Modeling Disciplinary Thinking 20170201
Two teachers join forces to show students how historians wrestle with ideas. Watch the video.